Suicidal glory is the luxury of the irresponsible.
We're not giving up. We're waiting for a better opportunity to win.

 
" I don't think I've ever met a Liberal whom I didn't like on a personal basis. That said, if your goal is to change minds and influence people, it's probably not a good idea to begin by asserting that virtually all elected Democrats are liars. But what the hell."
WOOT - Best Web VENDOR
Probably not up to date bio
The Artist Studio
Power Reporting
Petals From Heaven


WOOT - Best Web VENDOR
WOOT - Best Web VENDOR
Convert long URL to 25 characters Free Dictionary
Piece of crap SMART VIDEO


Takes you to someplace
WOOT - Best Web VENDOR
Prescription Machine Gun

Every dollar helps
 
Free Juke Box 1950-1980

Click


Free South Park


Our Position on Obama's Election
The person you call President Obama ... ."

Tuesday, January 25, 2005


Le serveur, l� sont des testicules en mon potage
For some time "Teresa from Virginia" (we have never met) has sent me a chronicle of her most recent adventure, and I  enjoy them all.  This one, which I will call "A Sweet Virginian Defends Herself Abroad," was particularly delightful.  I am not making this up. Thanks, Mr. and Mrs. Teresa.
Hi Rodger!

We�re back from our week in Quebec and wanted to bring you up to date.  We had a week in a condo without access to Fox news, the internet or more than a couple of English speaking TV channels.  I did learn about this thing called Global warming??  I don�t know if you have heard of it, but the Canadian government ran nearly nonstop commercials educating me about it.  It seems we all create like 20 tons of greenouse emissions a year and they want us to each lose 1 ton.  Well if I could lose a ton, I wouldn�t be counting carbs.  Anyway I think America is one of the worst creators � or at least I gathered that from the commercials.

Another thing that I want to let you know about because I�m sure it will have an affect on the campaign.  For some reason the liquor stores (known as SAQ stores) are all on strike.  If you want booze, the stores are only open certain days a week and you have to cross a picket line to get in.   I think every town has one store open with limited hours and all the rest are closed.  How fucked up is that?  I don�t drink liquor but I wanted to go in just to cross the picket line.  I hate labor unions almost as much as Democrats.  But they were never open when I went by. 

They eat strange stuff too� in the deli they have a sandwich meat named �Mock Chicken� and it�s made from (can you believe it?) pork!  I mean down here we have turkey ham, but why would anyone waste good pork to taste like chicken?  They sell their milk in bags which makes a helluva mess in the fridge after you open it.

It also gets full dark about 4 in the afternoon so that should help in planning the raid.  After we take over, can we turn Quebec into an internment camp for liberals?  That way so many of them wouldn�t have to move far.  In NY and VT I saw hundreds of Kerry/Edwards bumper stickers on cars.  I kept wanting to stop one and ask them how that was working out for them, but my husband wouldn�t stop the car.

Oh! This was weird� on the way home we crossed the border in VT and came down I91.  About 100 miles into the country, we saw those electric message signs saying, Traffic stopped ahead, slow down over and over- like a wreck was up ahead.  When we got up to it, the Border Patrol had both lanes stopped and talked to every vehicle.  The guy just commented on our skis strapped up top- glanced at my sons in the back seat and told us to have a nice day.  I hope they caught whichever bastards they were looking for.
 

I didn�t get any photos [I think she got one - ED]of French people waiting on me, we ate at home mostly or at McDonalds (because you can just point and say a number).

Hope this info helps!
Teresa from VA.
| E-MAIL Real King of France at 1/25/2005 05:54:00 PM PERMLINK (6) | HOME


Comments:

"I did not vote for Obama but he is remarkable. In less than three weeks in office he has collected more than $150,000 in back taxes."
Gayle Miller
Hey Rodger!
If I had known you would publish my report I might have cleaned up my language a little. Oh well - WTF?

Is that a picture of those mythic creatures - French Balls?? And all these years we thought they didn't exist!! Now we have proof.

Come to think of it, the escargot we had one night did look a little funny...
Take Care,
Teresa from VA
 
~

Even your comments make me laugh Teresa!
 
~

Nice, did she order a "Royal un formage" at Mickey-D's?
 
~

The NorthEast, such a history. For example, the war of 1812. The NorthEast wanted to appease the Brits. Just loose a few ships and sailors to the Brit Navy, big deal. And so they burned down a few buildings in Washington... we had it coming. IT was are fault!!!

Sound familiar? Such a proud tradition.

Greg S
 
~

Hey Teresa, I can't believe you drove right on by w/o saying hello.

Next time, let's do lunch at Jay Peak and I'll show you around my home mountain. You get all the Canadian climate, plus the road signs make sense. Mostly.

Helen
 
~

Helen,
Sounds good! My kids were dying to try out Jay Peak on our next trip. We stayed in Magog so I think it's pretty close.
Teresa from VA
 
~

Post a Comment






This page is powered by

Blogger.

People who excel at what they do
My Parallel Universe
Newsbusters
Agent BedHead
SondraK
Michele Malkin
Hot Air
Baron du Toit
Gateway Pundit
Jawa Report
The Crypt
Little Green Footballs
LindaSoG
E-Claire
John Ray
Moon Battery
Free Republic.com
Real Clear Politics
Doug Ross
ScrappleFace
Wild Thing
Expose the Left
Grouchy Old Crip/a>
CountryStore
The Grapevine
The Bitch Girls
Beautiful Atrocities

Wizblog
Right Wing News
Cao's Blog
View From The Porch
Interested Participant
Rantburg
JammieWearingFool
Rachel Lucas
Texas Darlin
Just Say No Deal



Congressional Vote Ratings
Discover the Networks


Emeritus
Spoons
Annika's




COOL BLOGS! Yesterday's Top Referrers












































































Amazon.com Widgets